Sugar is produced from sugar beet or sugar cane. A large variety of sugar is available, from coarse crystals to fine powder and liquids. The color ranges from white to dark drown.
The most commonly traded sugar is Refined Fine Crystal Sugar ICUMSA 45, which is the consumers have on their kitchen table.
Terms and conditions
Our trading partners provide sugar from Thailand and Brazil. The conditions are set by the sellers.
- Payment for spot shipment: DLC.
- Payment for contract (up to 12 months): SBLC, ARDLC or BG.
At first contact, please give us the following information:
- Your company's name, address, registration number and contact information.
- Your company's profile.
- Product specification, country of origin, brand (if any), quantity, shipping term and place of delivery.
- Name of the bank that will issue the bank instrument.
We will do the initial negotiations between buyer and seller. Then we sign NCNDA and step back so that buyer and seller can communicate directly. It is important that the intermediaries at buyer's side step back as well.
Packing and shipping
Refined sugar is packed in 50 kg bags. The outer bags are made from woven polypropylene (PP). The inner bag is made from polyethylene film designed to keep the moisture out.
To simplify loading and offloading can the bags be put in jumbo bags or on pallets. The bags may be shipped in the cargo hold of a dry carrier, in 20 or 40 feet containers (25 MT) or on trucks (about 30 MT).
Commonly used Incoterms: