Fat is good!
There are several types of fats.
"The hypothesis that saturated fat is a major cause of these diseases has had a perpetual life, now for more than 100 years, while ignoring evidence to the contrary." - Dr. T. Colin Campbell.
"I would go so far as to say the change in dietary advice in 1977 to restrict the amount of fat we were eating helped to fuel the obesity epidemic unfolding today." - Dr. Aseem Malhotra, cardiologist.
"The science for over a hundred years were showing very consistently that if you wanna loose weight, if you wanna stop being obese: Cut your carbohydrates and eat as much fat and proteins as you want." - Dr. David Diamond.
Clinical study: "Long term effects of ketogenic diet in obese subjects with high cholesterol level."
A ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet. The study was carried out at the Academic Department of Surgery, Consultation and Training Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Kuwait.
The study included 83 obese subjects (39 men and 44 women). The mean age, initial height, weight and BMI for all patients are given in Table 1. Fasting blood tests were carried out for all of the subjects. Thereafter, fasting blood samples were tested for total cholesterol, high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugar, urea and creatinine levels at the 8th, 16th and 24th week. In addition, weight and height measurements, and blood pressure were monitored at each visit.
All 83 subjects received a ketogenic diet consisting of 20 g to 30 g of carbohydrate in the form of green vegetables and salad, and 80 g to 100 g of protein in the form of meat, fish, fowl, eggs, shellfish and cheese. Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats were also included in the diet. Twelve weeks later, an additional 20 g of carbohydrate were added to the meal of the subjects to total 40 g to 50 g of carbohydrate. Micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) were given to each subject in the form of one capsule per day.
- Dr. Steven Masley and Dr. Jonny Bowden: "Smart fat", ISBN 978-0-06-239229-9.
- Dr. Robert Lustig: "Fat chance".
- Nina Teicholz: "The big fat surprise", ISBN 978-1-4516-2442-7.
- Tom Naughton: "Big fat lies" video.
- Dr. T. Colin Campbell: "A fallacious, faulty and foolish discussion about saturated fat".
- Raymond Reiser: "Saturated fat in the diet and serum cholesterol concentration: a critical examination of the literature"
- Ron Schmid: "Cholesterol, Animal Fats and Heart Disease: A Modern Myth? Framingham and Ancel Keys."
- Dr. Aseem Malhotra: "The truth about fat and sugar".
- Dr. David Diamond: "How Bad Science and Big Business Created the Obesity Epidemic".
- Clinical study: "Long term effects of ketogenic diet in obese subjects with high cholesterol level"